Sorry about no updates for the past few days. We have been very busy trying to get settled at home and things are finally slowing down and we are getting into a routine. We got home at about 11pm on Friday night. Discharge from the hospital took about 4 hours and we were extremely tired by the time we got home. We made it through our first night with a success. Last night was a bit of a struggle as she refused to eat even though she was starving. Ava has struggled the past few days as she has been extremely sleepy due to the antibiotic she was on and the medicine I was given from the doctor. We believe she has turned a corner this afternoon as she has been more awake and willing to eat on a regular basis. Ava has her first doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I will give you an update after her appointment and let you know what her pediatrician says. Here are some pictures that we have taken over the past several days.


A visit from our friend Corrine! She brought Ava a little gift to snuggle up next to. As you can see in the next picture, she loves it! Thanks Corrine! :-)

A visit from our friend Stephanie. Unfortunately, Ava's visit with her was cut short because of the next antibiotic schedule. Thanks for coming to visit!
Ava's getting ready for her first ride in the carseat. She was a little fussy getting in but we figured it out and she was happy in the end.
The happy family getting ready to leave the hosptial! :-)
I LOVE her dark hair!! She is SUCH a cutie! Again, she has such a beautiful name too! Nice work!
ReplyDeleteI felt like I was going through withdrawal not seeing pictures of Ava for two days! She is a cutie with her dark hair. Word went around quickly at school that I was an Aunt again. My students and friends have enjoyed looking at pictures of Ava. Hopefully, you are getting some sleep as Ava gets on more of a schedule at home.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! She is a doll... Give me a call when you are ready for some visitors, I know the girls, especially Kendra would love to come see you. Have fun getting to know that precious baby Ava! (ps. we find out what we are having on Thursday, cause we for sure can't wait 9 months...LOL)
ReplyDeleteAva just gets cuter with every picture! Thanks for posting more. It's funny how some pictures I think she looks alot like Curt, and others I think she looks just like Tracie. I guess she's the perfect combination! The dark hair and big, brown eyes are beautiful. Good to hear Ava's feeling better, and Tracie is adjusting to motherhood like a pro. Can't wait to cuddle the little peanut!
ReplyDelete-auntie mel