They continued to grow in strength until Saturday evening when they decided to slow down and eventually stop. My parents started the big drive down on Saturday morning and arrived on Sunday afternoon. It is great to have them here to keep me company and keep me busy.
On Sunday, I got some motivation and started cleaning all of the windows in the house. Curt didn't really know what was wrong with me but just assumed that I was "nesting". He thought it was great so he took pictures of me. On Monday, my parents took me to the Central Florida Zoo. We were secretly hoping that all the walking would help induce some more contractions. Nothing happened! My Dad even drove over some pretty big bumps and the baby didn't even budge. The zoo was really fun though. I was surprised at the types of animals that were there and I didn't even know that Central Florida had a zoo.
Yesterday, my Dad and I reorganized my pantry by adding some more shelves. It is so much better now and I have so much more space to store things. We had a good time doing it and it didn't take us as long as we had thought it would. As you all know, my Dad built our crib. The plan was for them to put it in the car and drive it down here but it didn't really fit in the car. So they ended up having to ship parts of it. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to put it together. It looks wonderful and I am so proud to say that my Dad built it! :-) Curt and my Dad put it together last night. I can now officially say that the nursery is finished and ready for the baby. I will post some pictures later of the nursery so that all of you can see it.
I have a doctors appointment today and will repost after the appointment to let you know what he says. Hopefully, I will be more dilated and it won't be long before this little one decides to come. I am really uncomfortable and my legs/feet are really swollen. Say a few prayers that the baby will come very soon! :-)
Hi tracie, I've been checking your blog for updates, and you didn't post anything after your appt. like you said...so MAYBE you got induced?!! :) Maybe, maybe...well, if anything, your baby will be here soon no matter when he/she comes, and he/she is healthy! So praise God for all of that! :) Take it easy, girl!
ReplyDelete