We made it through our first night! It was an interesting night but we all got some rest. Because I had lost so much amniotic fluid before Ava was born, I was given an antibiotic before delivery to prevent any possible infections for myself and Ava. Last night, Ava had blood drawn to check for any possible infections. Everything came back normal except her white blood cell count was slightly elevated. For precautions, they started her on an antibiotic just in case she would have an infection starting. They will retest her tonight and then again tomorrow evening before we head home. 
We are having so much fun getting to know our new little girl. She has been sleeping most of the time and is a very good baby so far. Hopefully it will stay that way! :-)
Ava had her first visitor yesterday! My friend/coworker Nicole came by to meet Ava. Ava has gotten used to hearing Nicole's voice all year and she loved finally meeting her!
Here are just a few pictures that we have taken. Enjoy and we'll keep posting pictures. :-)

Curt, congratulations on becoming a Father! I'm glad to hear that everything is well. Keep posting pictures for us!
ReplyDeleteNelson
She's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Curt and Tracie,
ReplyDeleteTracie, you sure are on the ball with pictures. Ava's pictures are so precious they brought tears to my eyes. Be sure to give her a squeeze for us.
Oh Trac...I had to giggle at your comment about her sleeping a lot! : ) Just you wait! hehe! She is absolutley beautiful though! Keep up the pics and I hope you are healing well also!
ReplyDeleteHi Curt and Tracie,
ReplyDeleteThe squeeze comment was from me- still trying to figure these darn computers out- ha!
Hey guys, Ava is so precious! I love the dark hair! It looks so far like she has Curt's face and Tracie's hair:) I LOVE her name too! SOOO cute!!:) Can't wait to see her grow up and get even cuter!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I knew it would be a girl, I told Curt at Target when we saw you there. She is so adorable! Hope you get back to normal soon and keep on enjoying that gorgeous baby girl!!
ReplyDeleteHi Guys! Congrats! She is so beautiful. We couldn't be happier for the two of you. You have been blessed.
ReplyDeleteMarisol, Roger, & the girls