Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ava's Appointment

Ava's appointment went really well today. She did some tests on her mouth and face muscles and ironically determined that her tongue muscles are working great! However, her cheek, jaw, and lip muscles aren't quite working up to par. Because these muscles aren't working correctly, it is causing her to take much longer eating and not being able to suck accurately. She showed me some exercises to do with Ava three times a day to strengthen the muscles. Since Ava is still so young, these muscles should be working accurately in about 3 weeks. If I do not see obvious changes in the next three weeks, I can go back to see her graduate student for free. Ava has decided that she hates these exercises and wants to scream the entire time. Luckily, they don't take too long.

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl. I'm sure she'll still turn into a jabber-mouth someday! Counting down the days to see her.

    ReplyDelete