
Ava had her ENT doctor's appointment today. It went very well! The doctor was very friendly and gentle with her. He said that her tongue was really tight to the bottom of her mouth and he suggested that it be cut. So, we decided to have him cut her tongue today while we were there. It took about 5 minutes to do the procedure. It was a little difficult for me as I had to help hold her down so that she wouldn't move. Luckily it didn't take long. She barely knew what was happening and only fussed for a few minutes. I think she was more upset that his fingers were in her mouth than her tongue getting cut. :-) She can now stick out her tongue and move she should be able to. I told her that this is the only time that I will be happy that she sticks her tongue out at me. :-)

We bought a new computer over the weekend. I know some of you are going through Ava withdrawal so I hope this helps. :-) Ava loves to sleep! We have been trying to upload a video of her trying to wake up from a nap but it keeps failing. I'll try to take another video and see if that one will work better. Here is a picture of her all ready for bed. She just had her bath and is ready to go to sleep for the night. You can also see her tongue! YEAH!!!
That is absolutely wonderful that you and Ava made such progress today and thankful you had such an understanding doctor. Now Ava can practice becoming a chow hound! Kudos to both of you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Lyle & Faith
What a cute picture of her smiling!!! She looks like such a happy baby. So glad everything went smoothly at the doctor's.
ReplyDelete