Also on Saturday, my Uncle Lyle and Aunt Faith flew in for about a week. Lyle happened to have a conference here in town. Way back when I was in middle school, Faith and Lyle had a foreign exchange student from Russia, Masha. She also planned a trip to Orlando to go to Disney with her husband, Slava, and their 5-year old daughter, Sasha. It was amazing how everything worked out and everyone could be here at the same time. I got together with them yesterday for the day. We hung out at their resort for a little while and then went to one of the outlets nearby for some shopping. Masha is the only one that can speak or understand English so it was very interesting. Sasha would try to talk to Ava and Ava would reply with all of her babble. They seemed to understand each others language and became best friends very quickly. Sasha loved helping me with Ava. Sasha even said her first English sentence yesterday and it was to Ava: "Can I help you?" It was so sweet. Sasha would push Ava around the mall in the stroller, give her water, snacks or anything else she could think that Ava might need. Ava really loved Slava. She thought he was hilarious and would laugh at whatever he did. By the end of the day, she really liked him. It was so sweet to see them all again after so many years.
I like the pic of Ava on the motorcycle. Hanging on for dear life!
ReplyDelete