Sunday, December 19, 2010

Colorado

We made it safely to Colorado on Thursday evening. We had a great flight and the kids were great for me. Curt had to stay back at home until this Wednesday so I had to do it all on my own. I was impressed as both kids didn't fuss at all on the entire 4 hour flight! :) My sister and her family got in on Friday night and we have been having a blast every day! Emily is now 4 and Alex is only 6 weeks younger than Ava. They all get along great and have so much fun together. We have spent the last few days finishing our shopping, building a gingerbread house, playing with ornaments, going on a horse drawn carriage ride and just playing around the house. There is no snow on the ground and today it was a high of 57 but felt like almost 70. It is beautiful weather! We plan to make a trip up the mountain tomorrow to Estes Park (where my 2 aunts live) and I'm sure we will see snow then. Ava is so excited to play in it! I will try to post pictures every few days as the kids are doing things throughout our trip.
Isaac crashed on Papa's lap after a very long day. He's so adorable!
On the horse drawn carriage ride. Emily, Jenn, Nelson and Ava.

Nana, Isaac and I on the carriage ride.

In front of the horse getting ready to go for a ride.

Playing with the snow globe. They were fascinated and Ava kept saying "SNOW!!" I think she's a little excited to see snow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Tracie, thanks for the pics. I was wondering how your time in Colorado was going. Looks like you're having a great time. Hope you get a little snow for Ava's sake! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete